This page contains a variety of resources for employers and providers, including information on state regulatory boards to assist international medical graduates (IMGs) with the Texas licensure requirements and U.S. trained graduates in the areas of tuition assistance and loan repayment.
Career and Life Planning tools for Physicians
To learn more about serving underserved populations & career planning survival tools, checklists and more, please follow the link below, sponsored by our partners at 3RNet.
J-1 Visa Waiver
There are two options for J-1 visa waivers in Texas.
Texas State Conrad 30 Program
Beginning September 1st of each year, the first 30 complete and eligible applications received will be considered for recommendation. If you have questions, please contact the Texas Primary Care Office at (512) 458-7518.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Exchange Visitor Program accepts applications to request waiver of the two-year foreign residency requirement. Applications to request waivers to deliver health care services are available HERE
Contact the HRSA Bureau of Health Workforce if you have questions at (301) 443-4154.
State Regulatory Boards and Associations for Providers
- Texas Medical Board
- Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
- Texas Board of Nursing
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Nurses Association
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- Texas Nurse Practitioners
- Texas Academy of Physician Assistants
- Texas Dental Association
Loan Repayment (and Scholarship) Opportunities
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Loan Repayment Programs