2020 CHC Funding Advocacy Resources
The May 22nd deadline on the Community Health Center Funding Cliff is approaching fast. Unless Congress acts, we stand to lose over 70 percent of the health center’s federal grant funding or $4 billion. Every health center in the country will be impacted by these cuts.
The good news is that we have some momentum currently in Congress to secure five years of funding but we need to make a big advocacy push over the next couple of months leading up the NACHC Policy & Issues Forum, if we are going to be successful. The longer this drags on, the more challenging it will be to secure a long term funding solution in Congress. To push this over the finish line, we are asking that all advocates invite your Member(s) of Congress to visit your center when they are back home, offer to meet with them in district and/or attend town halls or other community forums they may be participating in when they are back home to ask them to finish the job.
- 2020 NACHC P&I Forum Documents
- CHC Funding Cliff Talking Points
- CHC Funding Cliff Chart
- Vital Impact Estimator of Your Local Health Center
- Tips For Establishing A Relationship With Your Elected Official
- Tips for Meeting with Elected Officials
- NEW! Texas Statewide FQHC Fact Sheet
- America's Health Centers Fact Sheet