Jobs at TACHC
Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator
Purpose of the Role and Scope of Responsibility:
The OE Coordinator position will assist the OE Director with OE-related projects and activities. The projects and activities include providing training, support and technical assistance to Texas community health centers to strengthen outreach and enrollment programs to increase patient and consumer access to health coverage. Approximately 25-30% of activities will require travel statewide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and execution of Outreach & Enrollment department annual work plan deliverables that may include regional trainings, on-site individual trainings, conferences and webinars.
- Assist with the development of training materials, presentations, webinars, charts, screening tools and other items, as necessary, to support health center outreach and enrollment grantee staff.
- Assist with the provision of technical support to health centers to maintain agreements with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a Certified Designated Organization and Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s (HHSC) Community Partner Program, including the use of their respective online application portals.
- Monitor changes and research issues related to the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) including modifications to eligibility and enrollment rules; CMS Federal Navigators; CMS regulations on Assisters; out-stationed eligibility workers (OEWs); and other groups or programs related to outreach, the uninsured, and access to coverage.
- Assist with the maintenance of a master list of health center OE staff and update appropriate Microsoft listservs. Additionally, assist with updating health center OE staff using the TACHC online reporting tool that tracks OE activities.
- Assist with the documentation and recording of all technical assistance and support provided to health centers using the appropriate association management tracking log and/or approved system.
- Manage and/or assist with any other OE-related projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Working knowledge of the Texas Medicaid and CHIP Programs preferred
Working knowledge of the Health Insurance Marketplace and public health insurance programs
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong computer skills
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, or similar field from an accredited college or university, preferred
One to two (1-2) years of experience assisting individuals with applications for Medicaid, CHIP and Marketplace coverage, preferred
Experience working for or with a community health center, preferred
Please submit your résumé or CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org