Jobs at TACHC
Director of Information Technology
Purpose of the Role and Scope of Responsibility:
The Director of Information Technology (DIT) is responsible for the day-to-day management and long-range direction of TACHC’s technology function. The DIT must align the technology department with the organizational strategic vision and develop clear goals in keeping with TACHC’s overall strategic plan. Responsibilities include but not limited to: identification and implementation of relevant emerging technologies; implementation of best security practices;. management of the centralized data repository reporting development and electronic health record (EHR) in regards to the health center controlled network (HCCN) data warehouse; grant writing and managing grant deliverables to sustain network development; coordination with the Director of Clinical Affairs (DCA) to ensure appropriate technological support of improvement in clinical quality and outcomes, network architectures, security, usage and maintenance issues for member organizations and their network service sites; and identification and utilization of appropriate resources to address health information technology (HIT) issues or events faced by member centers. Develops training programs related to health information technology topics, utilizing a blended learning system of in person conferences and distance learning activities. The DIT also serves as Security Officer for the organization.
- Manage the identification and implementation of new information systems, as needed.
- Writes grant applications.
- Manages grant activities.
- Provides, and manages staff that provides, technical support and assistance to Community Health Centers in areas of HIT staff training, IT and security policies, technical support, and accreditation.
- Manages the maintenance and day to day operations of TACHC Wide Area Network. Includes supervising IT staff, budgeting, vendor contract negotiations, account management for high capacity bandwidth.
- Assists with the development of technical and non-technical protocols and policies, including data warehouse applications.
- Supports strategic direction by providing the technology vision and planning process to regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
- Purchases major hardware and software licensing agreements for various applications, including voice, video and data for clinical and non-clinical applications.
- Prioritizes, supervises and plans information technology projects; evaluates and writes policies and/or procedures; and provides project integration.
- Participates in HIT development and maintains knowledge of ongoing initiatives.
- Organizes and schedules vendor meetings and is accountable for vendor selection under state and federal grants.
- Ensures that all subcontractors for information systems meet required qualifications.
- Functions as part of the TACHC leadership team, and. engages in senior level planning for TACHC strategic direction, events and meetings for members and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org