Annual Conference Pre-Conference: Emergency Preparedness Training
10/27/2018 - 10/27/2018
Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel, 208 Barton Springs, Austin, TX 78704 (View Map)
Add to Calendar
This complimentary training is limited to 50 people.
Table Top Training
Fidel J. Calvillo, CHEP
Emergency Management Operations Coordinator, SETRAC
Training and Exercise Coordinator, SETRAC
CMS requirements includes 1 community-based full-scale exercise, in addition to 1 table-top exercise (or a second full-scale exercise). A table top exercise is discussion based. Table Top Exercises use paper and verbal scenarios to evaluate the Emergency Management Plan and procedures effectiveness with a minimum amount of stress.
- Examine the purpose of conducting a table top exercise.
- Explain steps on how to plan a table top exercise.
- Determine process of conducting a table top exercise.
- Discuss the purpose of evaluating a table top exercise.
- Determine how to effectively evaluate your table top exercise.
Active Shooter Training
Alexander Lipovtsev, LCSW
Assistant Director, Health Center Support. Emergency Management System, Community Health Care Association of New York State
An active shooter is an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and other populated area. In most cases, active shooters use firearms and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims. Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. All health center employees can help prevent and prepare for potential active shooter situations. This session will provide information and resources about recommended actions for all health center employees to take should they be confronted with an active shooter situation.
- Examine potential workplace violence indicators.
- Develop actions to take to prevent and prepare for potential active shooter incidents.
- Determine actions to take when confronted with an active shooter situation and how to manage the consequences of an active shooter incident.
For more information contact Christina Brito Tigerina