TACHC Virtual HIT/Clinical Conference Title: “Reflections of the Pandemic: Adapting, Restructuring, & Persevering”
Health Equity! Vaccines! Telehealth! We have had quite a year and now we are turning the corner with you…..
This year TACHC presents a virtual event with speakers who help us reflect on our shared pandemic experience and the lessons we have come to learn about health equity, new perspectives on how we care for our patients and ourselves in a virtual world, and especially how we can move forward as a resilient community of health centers using our new found awareness and better understanding of how technology can serve us best!
Our speakers help us walk through the issues that we have called into question during the pandemic: what it takes to survive, then thrive as we restructure our perspectives and actions in resilient ways to supports our health centers and the communities where we live and work.
As special guests we are honored to have the following speakers:
- Dr. Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, - international vaccine advocate and Dean for the National School of Tropical Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine (https://peterhotez.org/) bringing us up to date on COVID vaccines and vaccine hesitancy.
- Gregorio Millet, MPH- Vice President and Director, Public Policy for the Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR), who co-wrote President Obama’s National HIV/AIDS Strategy (https://www.amfar.org/greg/), with an overview on lessons learned during the HIV epidemic and how we can apply these to the current pandemic.
- Joia Crear-Perry, MD, FACOG, Founder & President, National Birth Equity Collaborative who will be presenting on ‘Addressing the Need: Maternal Health in BIPOC Communities’. (https://birthequity.org/about/about-the-founder-and-pres/)
- Laura Porter, Co-Founder, ACE Interface LLC – speaking on ‘Rebuilding Post COVID Communities’ (https://www.aceinterface.com/Laura_Porter.html)
- Ari Bernstein, MD, MPH - Interim Director for The Center for Climate, Health, and the Global Environment at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/c-change/team/aaron-bernstein/), with an overview of ‘Health Impacts of the Climate Crisis’
- Dr. Tom Viola, RPh, CCP – Dental Pharmacology Expert (https://www.tomviola.com/), who will be discussing the intersection of oral health and substance use.
- Don Teater, MD, MPH – Expert on integration of behavioral health and non-opioid medical options for chronic pain, and working with patients with SUD, Teater Health Solutions (https://teaterhs.com/)
- Amanda Venta, PhD - Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology at University of Houston discussing ‘How Toxic Stress Underlies Health Disparities’ (https://uh.edu/class/psychology/about/people/amanda-c-venta/
- Jennifer Hone, MD – Endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist who will provide case-based presentations for successful medication management of diabetes for primary care providers. (https://getbeing.thebigknow.com/home/instructors/jennifer-hone)
$200 per person
PHYSICIANS: Application for CME credit has been applied up to 12 contact hour(s) with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
NURSE PRACTITIONERS: This activity is applied for xx contact hour(s) of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID xxxxxxx. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies.”
SOCIAL WORKERS: This activity is applied up to 12 contact hour(s) in accordance with the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS: This activity applied up to 12 contact hour(s) in accordance with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors.
PHARMACISTS: The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is applied for 1.85 CEUs (18.5contact hours) of continuing education credit. In order to receive 18.5 contact hours of CE credit, the participant must view all session webinars and/or on demand videos for all sessions of the program, and complete the online evaluations for each session.
No late registration will be available after 4/15. Recorded sessions will be available on the Whova Event platform for 60 days after the conference.
For registration details contact TaSheena Mitchell.