This page contains a variety of resources for member organizations related to the provider recruitment and retention process. This page includes links to state regulatory boards to assist international medical graduates (IMGs) with the Texas licensure requirements and U.S. trained graduates in the areas of tuition assistance and loan repayment. For additional resources or support, contact TACHC's Provider Services Specialists, Anita Mitchell and Marcia Falloure.
J-1 Visa Waiver
There are two options for J-1 visa waivers in Texas.
Texas State Conrad 30 Program
Beginning September 1st, the first 30 complete and eligible applications received will be considered for recommendation. If you have questions, please contact the Primary Care Office at (512) 458-7518, and ask for Clay Daniel or Connie Berry.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Exchange Visitor Program accepts applications to request waiver of the two-year foreign residency requirement. Applications to request waivers to deliver health care services are available at: www.globalhealth.gov
Contact your immigration specialist if you have questions or Michael Berry, Clinician Recruitment and Services, Parklawn Building, Room 8-15, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857. Telephone: 301-443-4154; MBerry@HRSA.gov.
State Regulatory Boards and Associations for Providers
- Texas Medical Board
- Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
- Texas Board of Nursing
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Nurses Association
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- Texas Nurse Practitioners
- Texas Academy of Physician Assistants
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas Dental Hygienists Association
Loan Repayment Opportunities
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
- Outstanding Rural Scholar Recognition Program (ORSRP)
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) & Medically Underserved Areas/Populations (MUAs/MUPs) in Texas