TACHC has a laboratory contract with Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). An overview of the services included in the contract are listed below.
- Each health center will be visited at least once per month by LabCorp staff to instruct the personnel on proper handling of specimens and billing requirements.
- Federal law requires that any individual unique health center profiles with special pricing CANNOT be provided without first establishing and documenting in writing, the medical necessity for such profiles and notifying TACHC in writing. Pricing for any unique profiles must equal at least the total for if the testing was conducted separately.
- LabCorp provides telephone professional consultation services at no extra charge, 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- LabCorp is supplying to each center a minimum of two (2) Directory of Services which lists:
- Alphabetical listing of all tests available
- Normal range
- Specimen requirements (including any special handling requirements)
- Turnaround time
- LabCorp will provide to each health center the name of the Sales Representative and Training Sales Representative who is responsible for servicing that health center.
- Invoices will be submitted to the health center monthly with a net term of 30 days.
- LabCorp will install and will maintain electronic printers within each health center for ordering tests and/or retrieving results. These printers will be maintained by LabCorp.
- LabCorp will provide each site a result delivery computer system for receiving, sorting and recalling laboratory test results, and for use of patient, client demographics for test ordering. This computer system will be maintained by LabCorp.
For more information on LabCorp services, click on the links below.