Large Equipment Preventive Maintenance
Health centers can arrange for a consultation with a Henry Schein representative to have periodic preventive maintenance for their equipment. At a minimum, preventative maintenance should be performed once every three months. Rates for preventive services will conform to standard service repair rates established. A definitive inventory list of specific equipment should be developed and maintained and logged in the logbook referenced above.
Preventive maintenance plans shall be individualized to represent each health center’s specific concerns and needs but may include:
- Check/change oil in compressor, drain tank of fluids
- Check and flush the vacuum system and filters
- Check x-ray processor(s)
- Check sterilizer(s)
- Check panoramic/Ceph x-ray beam alignment
- Check ultrasonic cleaner
- Treatment rooms:
- Check and clean treatment room lights
- Check lights for drifting and focus
- Check x-rays for operation
- Check x-rays for drifting
- Check operation of hand pieces (air pressure and water flow)
- Check operation of units
- Check air/water syringe
- Check and lubricate equipment as necessary
- Equipment will be inspected and recommendations to bring equipment into standard working condition will be made in writing. With health center’s approval, parts over $500.00 to repair equipment will be completed on a follow-up repair visit. Such continuation of a repair is calculated and charged at the above mentioned contracted service rate. The arrival fee, however, is waived.
Health Center’s Responsibility
- Do not schedule patients during preventative service visits.
- All cleaning materials are required before visit and can be obtained through Henry Schein. Compressor oil, processor solution and sterilizer solution will also be utilized.
- Equipment must be maintained according to manufacturer’s specification by health center between visits. Henry Schein assumes no responsibility for the longevity of equipment due to normal wear and tear, abuse, neglect and improper maintenance or non-manufacturer modifications.
- Henry Schein’s goal is to service all dental equipment in place at each facility, but some parts and warranties might not be available through Henry Schein for equipment not purchased from Henry Schein.